Custom calling services are available at an additional monthly charge and can be used with all styles of rotary dial or push-button phones.
If you have questions concerning the following services please contact the telephone office at 479-495-4260 or 479-489-5060 for assistance.
Automatic Call Back
Dial *66 to activate. When activated, this feature automatically redials the last number the customer attempted to call. If the called line is not busy, the call will be placed. Dial *86 to deactivate.
Dial *69. This feature enables a customer to place a call to the telephone number associated with the most recent call received, whether or not the call was answered or the number is known.
This feature means your phone can transfer calls to another number of your choice. Call Forwarding is great for the business person who wants to catch after–hours business calls at home, or for anyone who doesn't want to miss an important call.
To forward your calls
- Lift the receiver and listen for dial tone.
- Dial *72. (On a rotary dial phone, dial 72 and wait for a 4-second pause).
- Again, listen for dial tone.
- Now, dial the number where you wish your calls forwarded. (Speed Calling codes may be used if you also have this feature.)
- When someone answers at the forwarded number, Call Forwarding feature is in effect.
If there is no answer, or the line is busy, hang up and repeat the previous steps. If you do this within two minutes, you will hear two beeps meaning your Call Forwarding feature is in effect.
Once you have activated Call Forwarding, the phone will make one short ring each time a call is forwarded. However, you can still make out-going calls from this phone.
If you wish to change the number your calls are being transferred to, just discontinue the first (see below) and redirect your calls using the above steps.
To discontinue Call Forwarding
- Lift the receiver and listen for dial tone.
- Dial *73. (On a rotary dial phone, dial 73 and wait for a 4-second pause).
- Listen for two beeps. Call Forwarding is now disconnected.
If you have an incoming call while you are already on the line, the Call Waiting feature will alert you. You may then put the first party on hold while you catch your second call. It will greatly reduce missed calls due to a busy phone.
Here is how your Call Waiting feature alerts you
- A beep tone tells you another call is waiting. Only you hear this tone.
- Another reminder tone will be heard 10 seconds later if the call remains unanswered.
- The second caller hears the normal ringing tone only.
To answer the second call
- Depress the switchhook/plunger for about a second to place your first call on hold.
- You will automatically be connected with the second caller.
To alternate between calls
- By depressing the switchhook/plunger for about a second, you may alternate between calls.
- Each conversation is private and cannot be heard by the other caller.
To terminate either call
- Simply hang up.
- Your telephone will ring then.
- When you answer it, you will be connected with the other caller.
Cancel Call Waiting
Now when you have a call that you don't want interrupted, you can prevent a second call from breaking into your line. To Cancel Call Waiting, simply dial *70 prior to placing your call. If you have Three-Way Calling, you can Cancel Call Waiting during a call.
In either case, the cancel request stays in effect for the duration of the call and any incoming calls receive a busy signal. This feature is especially helpful if you use a computer to send or receive data transmissions through your phone line.
To Cancel Call Waiting before calling
- Lift the handset and listen for the dial tone.
- Dial the deactivation code *70, and listen for a special dial tone. (On a rotary dial phone, dial 70 and wait four seconds.)
- Now, dial the number you wish to call. When you disconnect your call, Call Waiting is automatically reactivated.
To Cancel Call Waiting during a call
- You must have Three-Way Calling to Cancel Call Waiting during a call.
- Place your current call on hold by depressing the switchhook* for one second.
- Listen for the dial tone, then dial *70. (On a rotary dial phone, dial 70 and wait four seconds.)
- When you disconnect your call, Call Waiting is automatically reactivated.
Call Waiting – Distinctive Ringing
Dial *61 and follow the pre–recorded instructions. This is an incoming call management feature that provides special treatment for calls received from special telephone numbers. When a call is received from one of the predetermined telephone numbers, the customer is alerted with a distinctive ringing pattern. Calls from telephone numbers not included on the screening list will produce a normal ringing pattern. If the customer also subscribes to Call Waiting and a call is received from a telephone number on the screening list while the line is in use, the Call Waiting tone will be distinctive. Calls from directory numbers not included in the screening list will produce a normal Call Waiting tone. Maximum of 31 screened numbers.
When Caller ID is activated on a customer's line, the directory name/number of an incoming call will be sent to the display of the customer premises equipment during the first long silent interval of the ringing. This feature also works for Call Waiting customers who have a Call Waiting equipped CND display device, to identify incoming Call Waiting calls.
Caller ID Blocking
To activate, dial *67, then the number you are calling. This feature is available on all lines at no charge. It allows callers to block their number and name from being displayed on called parties phones. The calling Name/Number will be replaced by the message "Private Number."
Customer Originated Trace
This feature enables the customer to initiate an automatic trace of the last call received. Upon activation by the customer, the network automatically records the calling and called numbers, the time the call was received, and the time the trace was activated. The results of the trace will be furnished to legally constituted authorities upon proper request by them. To use this service: immediately after receiving the last incoming call, hang up; pick up the receiver and dial *57 (1157 for rotary dial phone, then allow a 4-second pause).
Selective Call Acceptance
Dial *64 and follow the pre–recorded instructions. This feature screens incoming calls against a list of subscribers specified directory numbers and then accepts any call from those numbers. Maximum of 31 numbers screened.
Selective Call Forwarding
Dial *63 and follow the pre–recorded instructions. This is a call management feature that allows the customer to transfer selected incoming calls to another telephone number. Maximum of 31 numbers screened.
Selective Call Rejection
Dial *60 and follow the pre–recorded instructions. This incoming call management feature allows the customer to define a list of calling directory numbers to be rejected. Maximum of 31 numbers rejected.
This feature lets you reach frequently called local or long distance numbers by dialing a one or two digit code.
To established your Speed Calling list
- Listen for dial tone and dial *74 (for 8-code calling) or *75 (for 30-code calling). With rotary dial phone dial 74 or 75 and allow a 4-second pause.)
- Dial one of the 8 one-digit access code numbers (2-9) for 8 code speed calling or dial one of the 30 two-digit access code numbers (20-49) for 30 code speed calling.
- Dial the complete local or long distance number you are assigning to that code.
- Listen for confirmation tone to indicate your Speed Calling number is established.
To change your Speed Calling list
- Simply follow the same steps for establishing your list. A new number automatically cancels out the corresponding existing number.
To use your Speed Calling feature
- Lift the receiver and listen for dial tone.
- Dial the appropriate one-digit access number (2-9) for 8 code speed calling, or the two-digit access number (20-49) for 30 code speed calling.
- Push the # button. (With a rotary dial phone, skip this step and allow a 4-second pause for your number to be connected.)
Teen Service Individual Ring
Teen Service enables two telephone numbers to be assigned to a single line. Each telephone number is assigned a unique ringing pattern so the called party can determine the nature of the call.
This feature lets you turn an everyday two-way phone call into a three-way conversation. It's easy!
To add a third party
- First, to hold your existing call, depress the switchhook/plunger for about a second.
- Then dial the third number. (Speed calling codes may be used if you also have this feature.)
- When the third party answers, you may talk privately before completing your three-way connection.
- With your third party on the line, depress the switchhook/plunger for a second to add the holding party. Your Three-Way call is now in effect.
If for some reason the call to the third party is not completed, depress the switchhook/plunger twice to get back to your held party.
To disconnect the third party
- Depress the switchhook/plunger for about a second. You will now have only the original party on the line.
To disconnect completely
- Simply hang up.
- If either of the two parties hangs up, you can continue to talk to the one remaining.
Unknown Number (Telemarketer) Blocking
This service allows the customer to block calls originating from unknown numbers. The caller will hear, The number you have reached does not accept calls from telemarketers. If you are a telemarketer, please add this number to your do not call list and hang up now. Otherwise, please press 1 or stay on the line. Calls will be completed if a 1 is dialed or if the caller waits on the line.
Voice Mail Service
Voice Mail from Arkwest Communications is Simple, convenient and reliable. Callers can leave a message even while youÕre on the phone. Retrieve your messages from any phone or on your E-mail. Two plans to fit your every need.
If you're looking to compare the different pricing and options for each plan, that information is right here.
This service allows a customer to schedule up to 2 wake-up calls at any time within the next 24 hours. The wake-up calls can be scheduled, altered, or canceled. Voice prompting allows user-friendly scheduling. At the scheduled time, the service will attempt to place the wake-up call to the telephone from which the scheduling was performed. If the call cannot be completed due to busy or no-answer conditions, up to 2 additional attempts will be made at 5–minute intervals.
Warm Line (Direct Line)
This feature is tailored to provide extra security for the elderly or handicapped and provides automatic placement of a call to a pre-selected Directory Number upon detection of a call origination. No dialing is required by the calling party to complete the call. Simply lift the handset and wait for your call to be placed.E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org